The Rip Van Winkle Medium Firm
Luxury Mattress by Aireloom
Luxury Mattress by Aireloom
Steeped in tradition, today's Aireloom Rip Van Winkle mattress combines the very highest quality materials and most expert craftsmanship to create a mattress that perfectly synchronizes to your body so that you have a luxurious experience that elevates, contours, and supports like no other.
The Aireloom Rip Van Winkle Medium Firm has deep tufts that contour beautifully to the curves of your body. While sleeping on your side or your back, your spine will remain perfectly aligned. This mattress has generous layers of high quality latex and innovative foams on top of a layer of over 2,000 micro-coils, and it's still made with lots of soft cotton and old-fashioned double-knotted off-set coils, just like the original from days of old.
Now on Half Off Floor Model Clearance: Queen Only
Schedule an appointment by email or by phone at (415)865-0933. We're happy to meet with you.
Made With Only the Finest Quality Materials:
- Fabric/Quilt Layer:
- 49 Hand-tied Outer Tufts /queen
- Woven Knit Fabric Ticking
- Silk, Wool, and polyester HiLoft fiber blend
- Soft, supportive Pillowflex™ + high density lux firm foam
- True stretch™ stretch cotton tricot
- Comfort Layers:
- Two layers of top quality firm ventilated latex
- Visco elastic foam
- 42 pound cotton layer
- 54 hand tied inner tufts through the coil system
- 560 hand tied side stitches
- Zoned micro-coil layer: king 2,652 | queen 2,080 micro-coils
- Coil Support System:
- 13 gauge double knotted offset coil unit
- Ultra high density foam bottom layer
- Firm edge high density cotton perimeter
- 8-Way Hand-tied Box Spring
- 13 lb cotton
- 160 yards of Italian twine
- 800 hand-tied knots
- 8.75 gauge heavy duty coils
- Cotton packed corners
- Available in 9" or 5" heights
- Mattress Sizes:
- Queen: 60w x 80l x 15h
- East King: 76w x 80l x 15h
- Cal King: 72w x 84l x 15h
- 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty against defects
- Non-refundable once delivered
- Free Bay Area delivery and setup
The top of the mattress is upholstered with a woven knit fabric that is luxuriously soft, smooth, temperature neutral, and extremely breathable. Forty-nine hand-tied tufts sewn all the way through the mattress pull the comfort layers and coils inward as these layers push back outward, resulting in a wonderful and very unique resilience.
Next is the quilt layer which is filled with silk, wool, and polyester high loft fibers and high quality foam layers. These materials conform to the weight and curves of your body as they elevate you to create a special luxuriousness unique only to Aireloom mattresses.
The comfort layers consist of high grade ventilated latex, dense visco-elastic foam, a quilted inner-panel, 42 pounds of cotton, and 54 hand-tied inner tufts all of which ensure perfect support and body alignment. Instead of glueing foam layers together as most manufacturers do, Aireloom sews a stretch knit cotton layer of tricot over the top to hold these layers in place to ensure that each layer's resiliency is not restricted.
Double knotted offset coils date back to the 1940s and were originally used for only the highest end mattresses since much labor goes into making them. Rather than leaving the ends of the coil loose, the ends are looped around and knotted to the coil itself to add stability. The top and bottom loops of the hourglass shaped coils are flattened so that they can be hinged together more flush than if they were left round. This and the fact that these are heavy gauge wire make this one of the most strong and most resilient coil structures available. The inner tufts are essential with this kind of coil system to prevent motion transfer.
You Might Also Like: